Traveling on a budget doesn’t mean you lose out on experiences. On the contrary, you are trying to make the most of your money. Copenhagen, the Danish capital, is among the most-visited cities in the world, and let’s just add that it can be expensive. If you are someone who wants to explore Copenhagen on a budget, we have a few suggestions that may come in handy.
- Go for hotel apartments. While hotels may seem cheaper, Copenhagen apartment hotel offer better value for money. Some of the best ones are located in Østerbro, and if you book in advance, you can find studio or one-bedroom apartments, which will cost less than what you would pay for expensive hotel rooms.
- Eat cheap. Eating in Copenhagen can be expensive, but if you are a foodie, you wouldn’t really mind food sampling. Head straight to Paper Island, also called Papirøen, where you can find anything from steaks to Indian food and even sushi. If you want to try fresh produce, head to Torvehallerne. Most restaurants do have menus for each day, which are usually worth the price.
- Get the Copenhagen Card. With the Copenhagen Card, you get entry to over 85 attractions, including the much-famed Tivoli Gardens and Carlsberg brewery. Canal tour cost is also included in the price, and free transport can be availed for metro, bus and train. Copenhagen Card can be purchased online or at the airport, so check for that.
- Check for free entry options. For example, you can choose to visit Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek gallery on a Sunday, when entry is free. Naval Museum is free to visit on Wednesdays. You can check online to find museums that are open to the public on some specific days of the week.
- Rent a bike. Traveling on a bike in Copenhagen is safe and you will find dedicated lanes all over the city. The city has an option called Bycyklen, where you can hire bike by the hour. There are docking stations where you can drop once you are done. Many bikes have tablets, so you can use the GPS to navigate around.
Check online now to find more on Copenhagen cheap stay choices, but make sure that you are paying for something that offers value for money. For the flights, the earlier you book, the better deals you will get, especially when booked a month or more in advance.